A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Foundation for Physical Therapy
Audience: PTs, PTAs, OTs, COTAs, ATCs, Massage Therapists, Chiropractors
Certification through ProCert in process
Free to all Pain Masterminds Network Subscribers. Just add to your cart and it will be discounted 100%
Once enrolled use the "Course Discussion" button to pose questions to the faculty. Answers should be received in 5 business days. Please contact [email protected] if you do not receive an answer to a question.
To gain a CEU certificate you must pass a quiz (80%)
Sign up for a subscription to the Pain Masterminds Network and save! You will get access to past and future webinar classes as long as your subscription remains active.
0:00-0:30 Introduction of the concept of the chasm between evidence and practice
0:30-1:00 The three principles of navigating the chasm successfully
1:00-1:30 Case studies and examples of applying the material
1:30-2:00 Question and answer period
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
1. Outline the main concepts of the chasm between evidence and practice.
2. Recall 3 principles of navigating the chasm and their use in practice
3. Describe the importance of being up to date on the major sources of evidence in their respective fields
4. Recall three basic principles of critical thinking used to improve their clinical reasoning process
5. Given the scientific principles discussed in this course, analyze claims made in physical medicine and formulate a discussion of appropriate professional standards.
About the Instructor
Dr. Silvernail is a Doctor of Physical Therapy who was selected for the prestigious Army-Baylor Doctoral Fellowship in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy at Fort Sam Houston for subspecialty training and graduated in 2010, earning him both a Doctor of Science degree from Baylor University and Fellow status in the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists. A clinician and researcher, he has published clinical commentaries and original research in the medical literature including the Journal of Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy, Manual Therapy, and the Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy.